Monday, March 25, 2013

Daily Inspiration

We often fall into this

When I was a pre-teen girl, I loved watching the older girls rolled skate.  I wanted to be as good as they were, dance to the rhythm of music, twirled, skate backwards and show-off myself to others.  I begged my mom to buy me a pair of roller skates and to pay for summer lessons.  I was so excited when I started, but I was terrible. I spent most of the time on the floor, left the place with bruises, pain but I kept on trying.  Even after the lessons I would putted on my skates and practice on the sidewalk.  I wanted to show my friends my little improvements. The summer lessons finished and I felt terrible, I was disappointed of myself.  The problem was that I always compared myself to the older girls.  It was so frustrating because I couldn't get to their level.  So I gave up for a good amount of time.

The other girls practice for years, and here I was blaming my terrible skills on inability, when I had not put in the time.

"It's easy to forget that everyone has to put time, experience, mistakes, pain, before they find success.  A person may make their achievements look effortless, but that is hardly even the case.
Don't forget, that at one point, everyone sucked.  And everyone will be terrible when they first start.  That's the beauty of trying new things, we get to grow!"
[quote source]

Blessings-Xoxo

No comments: